Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mounting AP-275?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mounting AP-275?

Posted Mar 23, 2015 09:42 AM
      |   view attached

Hello all -

So we purchased four AP-275's for outdoor mounting to cover our quad and some other areas on campus. I did a bit of reasearch and didn't find much about the ideal height to mount these devices, other than below 25'. I've attatched an arieal view of our quad, and marked the two buildings where we plan on mounting one AP-275 each for coverage. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dom

• 2.  RE: Mounting AP-275?

Posted Mar 23, 2015 10:31 AM

Hi,

Here I would recommend you to use "270-MNT-V1" mounting kit and fix it to wall facing to the Quad. height should be max 25 "

I suggest you to contact your SE and seek help to mount these APs to get better coverage.

• 3.  RE: Mounting AP-275?

Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:57 AM

@colangelod wrote:

Hello all -

So we purchased four AP-275's for outdoor mounting to cover our quad and some other areas on campus. I did a bit of reasearch and didn't find much about the ideal height to mount these devices, other than below 25'. I've attatched an arieal view of our quad, and marked the two buildings where we plan on mounting one AP-275 each for coverage. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dom

We're looking at implementing these APs at several locations on campus and I was hoping you, or someone else who has installed outdoor APs, could answer a few questions:

What type of junction box did you have on the building to house the network cable?

What bracket did you end up using? Did you use the long arm or short arm?

What type of weatherproofing did you provide?

How did you ground/lightning arest the device?

Do you have any pictures of the project?

Is there anything you would do differently?

Thanks for you time!

-Rosie