Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Move MD in MM-Tree

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Sep 28, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Guys,

iam staring over with AOS 8.1 and i've connected two VMCs to the MM. Now i got serveral issues which i need help from you :-)

1) on the MM GUI i didn't see the MM-Backup in the Tree menu but it syncs database and is connected - is this a normal behavior ?

2) I've connected two VMCs to the MM. They are connected with the setup to the MM at the /md folder. How can i move them now to the final Group that i have created ?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

• 2.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 12:12 PM
      |   view attached

The Backup MM should be in the MM tree, under 'Mobility Master' (see screenshot. 

Coming in AOS 8.2, you will be able to move MDs to different nodes in the tree. For now, it's a manual process.

• 3.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:09 PM

When is 8.2 scheduled to to available ?

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 06:00 PM

next coupld of weeks, no firm date yet.

• 5.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Sep 29, 2017 01:42 AM

Thank you for the info !

• 6.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Sep 29, 2017 02:13 AM

Okay, Thanks for the MD moving info.

Why is the B-MM not in my Tree ? I've got Vrrp and Master-Redundancy running. If i connect to the B-MM i can only do local config and dind't got the tree on the left - so everything should be fine exapt the display in the tree of the b-mm. Do i need to add him manually with the + again ? I did the ASE documentation for the b-MM and there is no step for adding it manually.

Thanks in advance.

• 7.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Sep 29, 2017 02:58 AM

Okay, after an Update to the latest OS and a reboot the B-MM appeard. Dunno what happend but its looking good now.

My Workaround for the controller (VMC) was that i kicked them out - and they automatically reboot - and in the meantime i add them with the + command to the group that i want. When they come up they take place in the new group.

I get a little bit confused about those problems... but i hope 8.2 and 8.3 would fix some issues :-) and i hope my mm is now running correctly to add my controllers :)

• 8.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree

Posted Jul 18, 2018 02:57 PM

I am running 8.3 and cannot find a command to move a MD to a group. Can you provide the command to move a node between groups? In my case, I need to move a controller from Managed Devices to a group within Managed Devices. Thanks. 

• 9.  RE: Move MD in MM-Tree