Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Multizone AP

Posted Jun 23, 2020 07:58 AM

Dear airheads community,

I have one problem with Multizone configuration on ArubaOS 8.3.0.13 Controllers. Primary Zone is standalone controller and in Data Zone are 2 standalone Controllers in HA. When I join AP to the Multizone group it shows in Primary Zone as up and running, but on Data Zone Controllers is this error:

stm[7418]: <399803> <7418> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_proc_hello_req line 15782 error AP(Multizone_AP) HELLO was rejected because HA is not supported for datazone..

Is this configuration really not supported ? I didnt find that in any guides or requirements.

Thanks and best regards

Vaclav

• 2.  RE: Multizone AP
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 08:28 AM

Controllers running in HA is supported. However, if the data zone is managed by a Mobility Master, you could cluster the two controllers and it would be supported. Example Multizone setups are like the following. The Multizone setup can support up to 4 Data Zones.

1. Primary Zone:   Standalone 1

Data Zone:        Standalone 2

2. Primary Zone:  Controller Cluster

Data Zone:        Standalone

3. Primary Zone:   Controller Cluster

Data Zone 1:    Controller Cluster

Data Zone 2:     Standalone

• 3.  RE: Multizone AP

Posted Jun 23, 2020 08:33 AM

Thanks for reply. My configuration is:

Primary Zone: Standalone

Data Zone: 2 Controllers HA cluster without MM

• 4.  RE: Multizone AP

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 08:51 AM

Yea that would be an unsupported configuration.

• 5.  RE: Multizone AP

Posted Jun 23, 2020 09:25 AM

And if I switch the Zones or if I add another controller to the Primary Zone and create another HA cluster, it can be solution ? Or the absence of MM is main issue?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Multizone AP

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 09:29 AM

Yea the absence of the MM is your redundancy issue. Your setup will allow only a standalone Primary Zone Controller, and a standalone Data Zone Controller.

• 7.  RE: Multizone AP

Posted Jun 23, 2020 09:50 AM

ok, thats bad. And what if I establish connection to only one member of the HA cluster, instead of the VRRP IP address? 

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Multizone AP

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 09:57 AM

I'm not 100% sure on that. You may still receive an error message because its part of an HA pair.

• 9.  RE: Multizone AP

Posted Jun 24, 2020 04:20 AM

Thanks for your answers Dustin.

Best regards

V.

• 10.  RE: Multizone AP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:23 PM

Finally I solved it by removing the HA Group and left there VRRP with master redundancy only. After few seconds multizone AP connect to the Data Zone.