05-22-2019 03:25 PM
I'm trying to set up Multizone between two systems. One system is a Mobility Master with multiple MDs. The other system is a standalone pair running HA. I set up the multizone profile and the ap group, but on the datazone wlc I'm getting the following error in the logs:
stm: <399803> <4048> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_proc_hello_req line 15709 error AP(TEST-AP) HELLO was rejected because HA is not supported for datazone..
Is having the datazone WLCs in a HA pair not allowed?
05-27-2019 03:29 AM
Multinode cluster is accepctable in both datazone and primary zone cluseter.
find the below consideratin for Multizone.
1. Primary Zone: Standalone 1
Data Zone: Standalone 2
2. Primary Zone: Multi Node Cluster
Data Zone: Standalone
3. Primary Zone: Multi Node Cluster
Data Zone 1: Multi Node Cluster
Data Zone 2: Standalone
IMPORTANT: A MultiZone AP can belong to one and only one PZ, and a PZ can support a maximum of four DZs.
And below are few limitation of Multizone:
- Same AOS version in all zones ( support only 8.x onwards)
- DZ and PZ have same AP group names
- Cannot manage PZ and DZ controllers from same MM
- Max 5 zones (1 primary + 4 Data)
- Max 12 controllers for all zones
- Max 16 VAPs per radio for all zones
- Mesh AP / RAP not supported