Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:18 PM

Today the AP 135's stopped authenticating to the Radius Server - we have rebooted AP's controllers and the radius server.  Need some help figuring out why this is now broken.

• 2.  RE: My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:47 PM

What is your RADIUS server?  What do the RADIUS logs say at the time of authentication?

• 3.  RE: My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:50 PM

We are using virtual radius servers and the AP's need to authenticate to the radius server when we try to connect up to the wireless network we get network authentication failed.

• 4.  RE: My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:00 PM

@kjreedy wrote:

We are using virtual radius servers and the AP's need to authenticate to the radius server when we try to connect up to the wireless network we get network authentication failed.

OK, but what software is the RADIUS server?   ClearPass, Microsoft IAS/NPS, SBR, ACS, FreeRadius, etc.

In a controller environment, it is the controller who handles the authentication, not the APs.  Make sure whatever RADIUS you are using has a RADIUS client setup for the controller and that the shared secret on both ends is correct.

We really can't offer too much more help without logs from the RADIUS side to see if the request is getting there and if so how the RADIUS server is processing the request.

• 5.  RE: My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2014 09:58 AM

You are receiving a RADIUS reject from the RADIUS server, so the RADIUS logs are the next place to look. 

If you are using certificates, or have a valid RADIUS server certificate, make sure all your certs and service accounts on the RADIUS server back to your AD and Int/Root cert CA are valid and not expired.

• 6.  RE: My Aruba AP 135's stopped authenticating has anyone seen this before?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:52 PM