Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

Good Evening All

Need some help with a donated Aruba Controller 6000 WS-5004 with OS locked at current ArubaOS 5.0.4.17. Controller has 128 AP licenses and 2 license for firewall and Policy Apps none expired...lucky Me!!

Since I dont have any support contracts with Aruba yet..its hard to get any support from Aruba from start to finish. I am supporting a small boarding School and we need to replace the current Unfi Ap's ASAP!!! They are not not holding up well in the classroom overload.

I need to setup this with the following:

Vlan 1 Native - DHCP

vlan 8  Student Network - DHCP

van 30  Faculty Network - DHCP

vlan 40 Future Use

Port 24-25 Trunk Port

Port 23 INTERNET UPLINK PORT

Right there is a 7 cisco POE switches feeding current ap's around campus soon to be aruba

I have two routers for bother networks but can use port 23 as an uplink for a router if need be.

Controller will be connected to the current cisco poe switched via Trunk to controller Aruba Ap's

I will be so greatful for any help that is given. I really could use a step by step from start to finish if possible

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

Take a look at this video:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/COTD-Initial-Setup-Video-of-an-Aruba-Controller/td-p/11784

One thing to consider. You only have 2 PEFNG licenses which means your APs will be capped at 2. You'll want to either acquire more PEFNG licenses or remove the PEFNG license altogether.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

Re: NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

@tbradley wrote:

Good Evening All

Need some help with a donated Aruba Controller 6000 WS-5004 with OS locked at current ArubaOS 5.0.4.17. Controller has 128 AP licenses and 2 license for firewall and Policy Apps none expired...lucky Me!!

Since I dont have any support contracts with Aruba yet..its hard to get any support from Aruba from start to finish. I am supporting a small boarding School and we need to replace the current Unfi Ap's ASAP!!! They are not not holding up well in the classroom overload.

I need to setup this with the following:

Vlan 1 Native - DHCP

vlan 8  Student Network - DHCP

van 30  Faculty Network - DHCP

vlan 40 Future Use

Port 24-25 Trunk Port

Port 23 INTERNET UPLINK PORT

Right there is a 7 cisco POE switches feeding current ap's around campus soon to be aruba

I have two routers for bother networks but can use port 23 as an uplink for a router if need be.

Controller will be connected to the current cisco poe switched via Trunk to controller Aruba Ap's

I will be so greatful for any help that is given. I really could use a step by step from start to finish if possible

Regards

tbradley,

The cli configuration is very Cisco-Like.  Do this:

config t

vlan 1

vlan 8

vlan 30

vlan 40

interface fastethernet 24 (or whatever it is)

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 1 (or whatever you want)

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,8,30,40, etc

exit

The 5.x user guide in the folder here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/3795/Default.aspx will tell you how to create WLANs.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: