Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

NTP Error on CTRL Wizard configuration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  NTP Error on CTRL Wizard configuration

Posted Jun 09, 2017 10:40 AM
      |   view attached

Hello friends,

I'm configuring the Named VLANs via the controller wizard. At the end, I receive the error "Cannot delete the NTP server" (see attached file) and the CTRL doen't get the new configuration.

Please help. Thanks

• 2.  RE: NTP Error on CTRL Wizard configuration

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 10, 2017 03:49 AM

Hey, is there a NTP server already configured previously? Also which version of ArubaOS are you running and the version of browser you are using to configure via the Wizard? 

Chrome isn't supported in ArubaOS 6.4 but is from ArubaOS 6.5 and above. These supported browsers are detailed in the release notes :)

I've seen weird things when using an unsupported browser on that platform.

• 3.  RE: NTP Error on CTRL Wizard configuration

Posted Jun 10, 2017 05:46 AM

Thanks for the reply.

No, there is no NTP server configured.

For the Aruba OS, I'm running 6.4.3.4 and I'm using Chrome browser; so probably that' should be the reason.

By the way, do you knwo what is the last stable Aruba OS version I can use for the CTRL?

• 4.  RE: NTP Error on CTRL Wizard configuration

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 10, 2017 11:38 AM

Hey, there is a choice between 6.5 or 8.0, ideally you want a General Availability release as this has been adopted by mass deployments.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/arubaos-software-release/

Software releases are here : 

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=218