Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Need help with VLAN configuration on the 3600 controller

I apologize for the delay.

That was exactly it. I have another set of eyes to look over my configuration and we found out that the spanning tree was causing the issue so we created port channeling or we could do what you just suggested by disabling the spanning tree on the controller or the switch.

Now that it's working and the AP is seeing the controller and provisioning, I have another issue with the wifi clients kept getting an ip address from VLAN 1 instead of 50. Even though I have set the Virtual AP that they need to use VLAN 50 instead of 1. DHCP and everything has been setup correctly on VLAN 50.

I'm going to open another thread since it's a different issue. That way people that has the same issue with me trying to connect all 4 ports to a switch, know what to do to fix it based on this thread.

Valued Contributor II

Hi,

User VLAN is not only depends on VAP-VLAN, it has least precedence, check whether any SDR is configured or any VLAN is mapped to the authenticated user role.

use the following commands for diagnosing the issue,

1. show ap essid----> to know which VLAN is mapped

2. show user --> to know which role is mapped to the user

3. show rights <role name> to know which VLAN is mapped to the user role

4. show log security <count> (show log security 50 ) ---> to know how the user VLAN is being derived

Please feel free for any further help on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

Show ap essid shown the vap was using vlan 50, 1. 

How do I get rid of vlan 1?

Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Aruba supports VLAN pooling meas, we can map multiple VLANs to a single VAP. chec whether you have mapped both the VLANs.

user " show wlan virtual-ap <profile name>" if you find two VLANs mapped, use " wlan virtual-ap <profile name> vlan 50"

and also check whether the uplink device port is a trunk link, if it is make it as access link.

Please feel for any further help on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: