Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

Posted Jan 04, 2012 02:37 PM

Network Policy Server discarded the request for a user.

Contact the Network Policy Server administrator for more information.

Event ID-6274

I looked up some errors reguarding this but nothing was actually useful has anyone actually had this problem and was able to fix this error we have been troubleshooting this for a while now and cannot find a fix on this.

• 2.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

Posted Jan 04, 2012 04:58 PM

anyone?????????

• 3.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2012 06:13 PM

That doesn't seem like a message that would come from an AirWave server.  Do you use a proxy server or similar device?  Any chance this message is coming from there?

• 4.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2012 08:51 PM

• 5.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

Posted Jan 05, 2012 09:16 AM

People have said many things have caused this issue just wondering if anyone has ever run into this and actually found a fix some people are saying its the NPS some people are saying its the certifcate the event ID is a pretty broad message hard to figure out exactly what is causing this issue.

We are using RADIUS/NPS and also it is pulling authentication from AD. All the configs on the controller are correct we have some other servers that actually authenticate but for some reason we have 3 specific ones that will not.

• 6.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2012 09:57 AM
    fraggy,

Microsoft support is of course an option, but you would need to examine the entire contents of the event viewer message to get an idea of what is going on.

• 7.  RE: Network Policy Server Discared the request for user

Posted Feb 21, 2019 03:47 PM

I know this topic is ancient, but I was running into this same issue with a Windows Server 2019 NPS Server, which had me banging my head off the desk for days. The issue was that I did not have the NPS server in the "RAS and IAS Servers" group in Active Directory. I hope this helps someone out there.