Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

New APIN303 is not appearing in AOS 8.6.0.2

Dear all 

We have controller Aruba7210 with AOS 8.6.0.2, we have installed few APIN303 APs but all are not appearing in controller. I have checked all Aps are getting dhcp and even there are enough licenses. But these APs are not appearing in Controller. I will be very grateful if I 'll get help. 

Thanks & Regards 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: New APIN303 is not appearing in AOS 8.6.0.2

On the commandline of the controller, type "show ap database" to see if those access points show up with flags.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear, I have checked and didn't find that Aps in ap database also. 

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Do you have your Master Discovery options set (e.g DHCP 43/60 or aruba-master DNS record), have you also checked Control Plane Security as well has not denied the AP?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear Please have a  look into below configuration in control plane control plane security.jpg

Secondly APs are getting IPs from HP core switch as DHCP pool is created in core switch. 

omarrsd_0-1595139879217.png

Highlighted
Guru Elite

What method are you using for APS to discover the controller?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just did work around and found the solution. I just connected another new AP303 out of my network and login to AP303 and found all others Aps were appearing also. I converted them Manually to AP mode. 

After that found all APs in controller. I have no idea what was logic behind this. APIN303 APs are Unified APS

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: