Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

Posted Aug 26, 2020 11:26 AM

All of the sudden new devices will not connect to our SSID that is secured by a MAC Address and password.  This VLAN1 connects to our internal network for IP address assignment.

VLAN2 is outside our internal network, and is assigned IP addresses via the firewall.

I am able to have new devices connect to VLAN2, but not VLAN1.  Existing devices on VLAN1 are able to connect.  I tested a laptop and removed it from the Aruba virtual controller, and from the internal server that assigned it the IP address, then re-added it as though it was a new device in Aruba VC... and it connected to VLAN1.  When I try to add my phone to VLAN1, it will produce the message "Access point temporarily full."

Nothing on the network has changed, so I am not sure where to go from here.

• 2.  RE: New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2020 11:43 AM

"Access point temporarily full."

Where is that message displayed?

• 3.  RE: New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

Posted Aug 26, 2020 12:34 PM

That message was displayed on my cell phone when trying to connect.

When I tried to connect a new laptop Win10, it simply stated it could not connect to the network.

There are currently only 4 devices connected to that AP.

• 4.  RE: New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2020 12:47 PM

You would want to look at the user debugs on the support menu to narrow down what could be happening:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_86_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/log-serv-monit/debug-commands.htm

AP Log User-Debug show log user-debug

AP Log User show log user

"show log user"

• 5.  RE: New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)

Posted Aug 27, 2020 09:55 AM

Attached are the two log files.

I created a new network, TP-Test which also is assigned VLAN1 just like TP-Staff...  I did not do MAC Auth, just a password.  The devices can connect without a problem.

This is obviously boiling down to the MAC Auth...  is there a limit of the numbers of Users there can be in the system?

Attachment(s)

txt
    User-Debug.txt   9 KB 1 version
    txt
    User.txt   9 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: New Devices Cannot Connect (Mac Auth + Password)
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2020 10:24 AM

Solved...  randomized MAC address on my phone (forgot I got a new phone since we left school).  Although, this didn't trigger in my head because one of the new laptops we deployed was having the same issue.  I will have to check Win 10 settings to see if randomization is on, but it was defaulted off on all the other laptops.  I know it wasn't a fat finger mistake on the MAC because I copy/pasted all the MAC's from Azure.

It has been a long two weeks getting things ready for remote and hybrid learning here on campus.