Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s

Posted Nov 25, 2015 09:53 PM

First - hello there and Happy Thanksgiving =)

First time poster and new to Aruba products - previously installed a lot of ubiquti stuff.

Trying to get acclimated to Aruba's offerings so please help keep me honest:

• The IAP line does not require a seperate controller
    • The IAP line is AF/AT PoE powered and any 3rd party switch that supplies PoE+ should work
    • No additional reoccuring fees other than the up front hardware costs (no yearly reoccuring licenses for example)
    • Wall mounts are seperate add-ons
    • No reoccuring costs for future firmware updates

Did I get those bullet points above correct?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 09:55 PM
    200 series indoor APs can also run on af power. All of the other points are correct.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 09:56 PM

@theprez wrote:

First - hello there and Happy Thanksgiving =)

First time poster and new to Aruba products - previously installed a lot of ubiquti stuff.

Trying to get acclimated to Aruba's offerings so please help keep me honest:

• The IAP line does not require a seperate controller
    • The IAP line is AF/AT PoE powered and any 3rd party switch that supplies PoE+ should work
    • No additional reoccuring fees other than the up front hardware costs (no yearly reoccuring licenses for example)
    • Wall mounts are seperate add-ons
    • No reoccuring costs for future firmware updates

Did I get those bullet points above correct?

Thanks

Correct.  Please see the limited lifetime warranty document here;  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/faq/FAQ_product_warranty.pdf

• 4.  RE: New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s

Posted Nov 26, 2015 12:40 AM
    One additional follow up please, where does one download the firmware updates for the IAP line?
    It almost seems like ArubaCare is needed but based on the responses in this thread that shouldn't be the case?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: New User - Curious if there are any reoccurring fees for the IAP225s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2015 07:25 AM
    In the GUI of the Instant AP you can check for updates.