Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Nexus 7 ... rooted

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Nexus 7 ... rooted

Posted Mar 18, 2013 09:26 AM

Guys,

Anyone got any ideas why a nexus 7 (rooted) would be disconnecting to the WiFi?  We have a traditional controller/ CAP arrangement with amigopod captive portal. 

Lots of retries on from the client with a low noise floor and low duty cycle.

I want to say, reset, and apply latest software update to the device, then check it works ok - then go back and root it etc. and after that you may have to make a call if you want a device that works or a rooted device.

Can't say I have ever hacked my andriod - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Nik

• 2.  RE: Nexus 7 ... rooted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2013 09:37 AM

Turn on user debugging and see why.

• 3.  RE: Nexus 7 ... rooted

Posted Mar 18, 2013 09:50 AM

Yep already done that a few days ago - all seems fine, I can see the user moving between APs, authenticating successfully - some dissassociations though - the only one thing "wrong":

Deauth from sta: 10:bf:48:f1:07:6d: AP 10.24.11.123-d8:c7:c8:10:20:71-01-07-AP Reason 255

And an idle timeout

You got a link for reason code lookup for this deauth message?  rather annoyingly there is a gap in coverage on floors 2 and 3 of the building.

• 4.  RE: Nexus 7 ... rooted

• 5.  RE: Nexus 7 ... rooted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2013 09:52 AM
    That meant that the Nexus 7 sent disassociation with no specified reason.