Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No 5ghz client associations

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 09:05 AM

I have a setup with 105's configured as RAPs on remote sites. No clients seem to be associating on the 5GHz band. When i ran the arm  scan times command it showed large amounts of attempted scans but the same amount of scans rejected for just about every channel. Any thoughts?

Matt

• 2.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 11:32 AM

is that remote AP on another country?

if so try putting the regulatory domain of that country to that AP

But BE CAREFUL create another AP group just for that AP and create a new regulatory domain profile that just apply to THAT AP group... you dont want to kill all the wireless :)

• 3.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 12:50 PM

Also have someone in side with a console cable if something happen he can manually configure it through console :) 

Before doing anything tell him to do print so he can see the config of the rap.

Well you will need to reboot it and enter in the mo cpboot mode and do print there.

• 4.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 02:29 PM

The RAPs are in many multiple sites 2-5 RAPs in each across the same country. The 2.4GHz band is still serving clients but the 5GHz seems to be dormant. Rebooting the RAPs corrects the problem. But with hundreds of RAPs it is not practical to be rebooting them. No on site support either so plugging a console cable into them is not an option.

Matt

• 5.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 02:31 PM

You mean you need to reboot them?

i mean not just with one reboot i mean that you will need to reboot it now and then to fix the problem??

• 6.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 02:57 PM

Rebooting seems to fix the problem. However we need to work out what is causing this to happen. By the way they are configured to be in the proper regulatory domain.

• 7.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 03:12 PM

Can you grab the tech support file from one of the RAPs and attach it:

WebUI:  Diagnostics --> Access  Point --> Technical Support --> Choose your RAP --> Click Create Report --> Then Download Report when it is completed.

• 8.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 03:23 PM
      |   view attached

Attached is the TS from one of the APs I haven't looked through it in detail but I did notice that running the show ap arm scan-times showed that most of the scans were rejected.

Attachment(s)

txt
    APtechsupport.txt   245 KB 1 version

• 9.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2012 02:50 PM

@matt Finnie wrote:

The RAPs are in many multiple sites 2-5 RAPs in each across the same country. The 2.4GHz band is still serving clients but the 5GHz seems to be dormant. Rebooting the RAPs corrects the problem. But with hundreds of RAPs it is not practical to be rebooting them. No on site support either so plugging a console cable into them is not an option.

Matt

You have a number of options to reboot access points on a controller using the commandline without a console:

(host) >en
    Password:******
    (host) #apboot ?
    all                     Reboot all APs
    ap-group                Reboot APs in this group
    ap-name                 Reboot AP with this name
    ip-addr                 Reboot AP at this IP address
    wired-mac               Reboot AP at this MAC address

• 10.  RE: No 5ghz client associations

Posted Nov 26, 2012 03:00 PM

Hello Collin

i know that

I mean the console thing just in case something bad happens.. and he loose conectivity to the Remote AP someone in site can reconfigure it manually through the console

He can do it through the GUI on maintance also. :)

About the regulatory domain just checking... :)