Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No internet conenction for Guest wireless

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  No internet conenction for Guest wireless

Posted Nov 11, 2014 11:54 PM

Hi All

Recently our modem router that is connected to our Aruba 7210 Controller failed.

This Mode router was used to grant internet access to ur guest wireless SSID's.

So we bought a new Modem router a Billion 7700Nr2 then configured it to connect to our ISP we also changed its IP address to the same we had our old one.

We also set it up as a dhcp.

We got it to connect to the internet and it seems that if we connect to it directly to it from a pc eveything is fine.

If we connect any device to it through our GUEST Wireless the clients connect and receive and IP from the dhcp of the modem and seem to connect ot the network fine.

Unfortunatley they do not get any interent access.

I cant work out if the aruba is blocking it or the modem is.

Does anyone have any ideas of what coudl be causing this?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: No internet conenction for Guest wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2014 04:45 AM

There are quite a few reasons why this would happen.  Who setup the 7210 on the guest network in the first place?  I would speak to that person, if possible.

• 3.  RE: No internet conenction for Guest wireless

Posted Nov 12, 2014 06:44 PM
    Thanks

I had spoken to the guy who set it up he was looking into oddly when I came in this morning it is now working.
    It is very strange.

Best regards,

Anthony Duke
    Network Administrator

[SMR]
    SMR Automotive Australia Pty Limited
    Sherriffs Rd ? Lonsdale 5160 ? Australia
    My contact details:
    Tel +61 (08) 8301-7726? Fax +61 (08) 8384-7799
    anthony.duke@smr-automotive.com
    www.smr-automotive.com

SMR is a member of Samvardhana Motherson Group

Please don't print this email unless you really need to. This will preserve trees on our planet.

@SMR Users : We welcome your comments and suggestions, so please feel free to email your comments, suggestions & feedback to SMR Global IT head at gaurav.gulati@smr-automotive.com

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus/trojan/worms/malicious code transmitted by this email. www.motherson.com