Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No way to download current ArubaOS!

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 05:13 AM

Hello,

I am running 8.0.1 from Movember, 2016, AFAIK there is ArubaOS 8.1.x released in March, 2017 - and guess, what?

The "latest" available download on HPE is 8.0.0 from July, 2016!

14 days ago I opened already a ticket with HPE about that and they told me that the real outdated available firmware releases for the 70xx controller series is due to the merge from aruba-site to HPE and more current firmware will be available in "2-5 business days".

And I should not call again for that reason.

So, we are in April 2017 now. Do I really expect too much from an "enterprise sulotion" company like HPE??

• 2.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 06:38 AM
    You can download 8.0.1.1 from the support site
    https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=24776

Released 3/20/17

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 06:38 AM
    You can download 8.0.1.1 from the support site
    https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=24776

Released 3/20/17

Get Outlook for iOS

• 4.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 06:49 AM
    This is only visible to old aruba-accounts. There is no way to get an account to this site anymore even if you register and ask by phone for one.
    You don't get an answer ore any notice.

That is what I am struggeling since December, 2016.

• 5.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 06:49 AM
    This is only visible to old aruba-accounts. There is no way to get an account to this site anymore even if you register and ask by phone for one.
    You don't get an answer ore any notice.

That is what I am struggeling since December, 2016.

• 6.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 07:10 AM

Chris have you tried reaching out to your local Aruba team ?

• 7.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

Posted Apr 07, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Victor,

yes, I did. Once they gave me a 8.0.0-xxx build from November the easy way but after then they insisted to open up a call with HPE.

I asked HPE in December and they told me that there is no way to create new accounts for the old aruba site.

As i wrote I did ask in March again - but still no effort.

What is so hard to transfer ALL the downloads from a "dead" aruba site to the new HPE-site so it has to take months? 

So maybe they could send me a carrier pigeon with an USB stick?

Thanks, Chris 

• 8.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:55 AM

Can you please send me a personal message through Airheads with your contact details, who you worked with as your local Aruba contact, and the case numbers for your requests in December and March to get access to support.arubanetworks.com? I will then check what I can do for you as eligible users with valid support or partner status should have access to recent software.

• 9.  RE: No way to download current ArubaOS!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:48 AM

Chris,

I asked our support to look up your cases and the information that it is impossible to get new accounts for support.arubanetworks.com is incorrect. It is possible to get new accounts, however, a valid support contract is required to get access. And it looks like your support contract is partner-delivered, which means you will need to get support and access to downloads through your partner.

Sorry for that, and the confusion that the initial response caused.

I sent you a more detailed response in a private message.

Regards, Herman