Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

Posted Jul 15, 2020 02:35 AM

Hi there,

Very new to the Aruba technology, and we're in the process of implementing Aruba all through our infrastructure.

A small hump on the road;
    On our (physical) Mobility Controller there's defined several WLAN (for testing purposes) and I want to delete these.
    We've got two (virtual) Mobility Masters for failover, where the WLAN are not configured.

When I try to remove WLAN from the Controller, it says I need to do this from the MM? How to, when they are not there?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 03:36 AM

You will need to locate the SSID within the hierarchy configuration and then remove it at that group level. For example, if the SSID was created at MD\Corp\UK then you need to delete it here.

If you are not sure at which group level the configuration was entered, use the following command to understand this:

show configuration effective detail

From the last line, it sounds as if you are making the changes on the Mobility Controller. You will need to login to the Mobility Master, locate the configuration and then remove. This in turn will remove it from the Mobility Controller.

• 3.  RE: Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

Posted Jul 15, 2020 04:35 AM

Thank you for your reply. I indeed tried to remove it from the Controller at first, then went into MM to do the same. But there's no mention of the WLAN there, therefore my confusion.

But I haven't been into the CLI of the MM. I guess there are some configuration not visible in the GUI?

• 4.  RE: Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 04:48 AM

Hey, there is certainly configuration in the CLI which is not visible in the GUI. However, for a SSID profile this is not the case.

Have you also checked under Configuration -> System -> Profiles -> Wireless LAN -> SSID 

• 5.  RE: Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

Posted Jul 15, 2020 06:17 AM

Thanks again!

I hadn't checked there, and I found:
    The SSID's I want to delete are present under Configuration -> System -> Profiles -> Wireless LAN -> SSID on the Controller, but not in MM (I only have Default there).
    Is there a way to "force" configuration sync from MM to a Controller?

• 6.  RE: Not able to remove WLAN on controller - not in MM

Posted Jul 15, 2020 06:20 AM

btw, I have the same issue with Access Groups. They are available in the Controller, but not in MM.