Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: OS 6.4 General Availability

This code has been out for a while and has been stable. Unless you have a policy about using non-GA code, I don't see any reason to wait.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

My local Aruba engineer said it was released to GA canidate which was likely the last date you saw.  He said this takes about two weeks and if no major bugs are reported they will release to GA.

New Contributor

Airwave 8.0.6.1 was released this past weekend.  Usually a good indication the Aruba AP OS is to follow shortly.

Guru Elite

soundguyami,

The ArubaOS GA status is not tied to Airwave status, so one should not have any material effect on another.  The number of users that have installed a version of OS without major issues also plays a part into declaring code GA.  These and other factors are the reason why it is so difficult to set a date and time for GA code.

There are some users that cannot upgrade unless a code is declared GA.  Those same users should load the 6.4.2.3 or the latest code in their labs to determine if that code works without incident in their environment ahead of it possibly being declared GA at some point in the future.  All users should also carefully review the release notes to ensure that there are no known issues that would prevent them from upgrading, or that existing issues that they have are fixed to their satisfaction.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Aruba

6.4.2.3 is now tagged GA; and is available for download in the General Availability folder on the suppport site.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=16102

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
AMFX | ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: