Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Oct 05, 2018 10:05 AM

Hi,

With these two new releases I can no longer onboard my devices.  Every time I try to onboard I receive an error message "Profile Installation Failed:  An SSL erro has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."

If anyone can point me in the direction to troubleshoot I would appreciate it.  Thanks

• 2.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 08:19 AM

Haven't seen this before. Please open TAC case to get this investigated.

The SSL server certificate is trusted (which means, clients don't get any certificate warnings)?

• 3.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:03 PM

There's a new version of the VIA app for iOS that you need to download (v.3.0.3) - it's a brand new app and the old one (v.3.0.2 or before) won't update to it.

For mojave, there's no updated app yet.  More info here:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/OS-X-Mojave-and-ios-12-x/td-p/472365

• 4.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:22 PM

Can you clarify what you're referring to with the VIA app for IOS?  I am only referring to Apple devices.  Do you know if this is a known bug in Mojave.  An engineer with HP was successful.  I have also been successful pushing the profile down through JAMF, but not OnBoarding.

• 5.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:41 PM

Sorry - I was talking about VPN connection with a mobility controller - sorry for confusion.

• 6.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Oct 31, 2018 06:12 PM

Does anybody have an eta on the new VIA for Mojave? It's starting to become an issue for us and before opening a TAC case I thought I would ask here.

Thank you

Lirria

• 7.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 10:06 PM
    It is not yet available.

• 8.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:04 AM

Ok - thank you

• 9.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 09, 2018 06:00 PM

Does anyone have the ArubaVIA vpn working iOS 12 or is there an ETA?  This has been holding up a project for us.  Open to any options people have.   I tried the client v3.0.3.1809190 that says it should work with iOS 12, but have tried it with 3 devices.    The windows clients work fine and older IOS

tesdsad.jpg

• 10.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 09, 2018 06:04 PM

Nothing yet - TAC said they are still testing it - i would love a fix as well as now the new macs are shipping with Mojave and there seems to be issues in downgrading the software.

Lirria

• 11.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 06:07 PM
    VIA for iOS 12 has been released for a few weeks now. The error in your screenshot is due to either a misconfiguration or an invalid certificate.

• 12.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 09, 2018 06:27 PM

For IOS I'm gettng a totally different error - it wants a URL for the download of the cert and a password and I haven't any tried to figure that one out. 

For Mojave it's just a big stopper for us - especially now that all Macs are shipping with Mojave and downgrading is proving to be challenging.

Lirria

• 13.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 08:31 AM

The updated Aruba VIA client for macOS 10.14 (and earlier) is now available in the Mac App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aruba-via/id1439900554?mt=12

• 14.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 14, 2018 11:29 AM

Yes!! I have downloaded and tested it on one system - so far so good - thank you!

Lirria

• 15.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 14, 2018 11:34 AM

Tim - thanks for the follow-up and passing along the good news!

• 16.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 04:25 PM
    Thank you for your patience.

• 17.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 16, 2018 02:31 PM

Just my grain of salt.

IOS 12 requires a valid SSL cert in the controller to get the VPN profile otherwise it will not get it.

• 18.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Nov 16, 2018 02:38 PM

hmm mine does have a valid ssl cert and the IOS 12 device is being very weird. I haven't had a chance to look at it again.

• 19.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:22 PM

Why isn't it available at https://support.arubanetworks.com in the software downloads section as well?  Looking there lead me to believe that version 3.1.1 of 5/15/18 was the most recent release.  And don't I need to have a place to download the installer so I can upload it to our controller so existing copies can be auto updated, and so that its available on the web page for users to download?

• 20.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:25 PM

The application is now done through the apple store - in a sense it's better and easier to get - but I do understand the I can't put it on my controller for easy download as well. We deploy it out with JAMF to the Macs and that has worked great! You just have to make sure to uninstall the old version.

• 21.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:37 PM

I think if they're going to switch locations for where its made available they should either completely delete it in the old location, or make a new 3.1.3 folder with a document in it that says to go look on the app store.

We would do our deploying with Quest Kbox.  I'm not the manager of that system, but my understanding is that I'd need to provide them an installer before they could provision the client to our Macs.  I don't think ith as an option to provision from the app store.  How does that work without being able to download the installer?

Also we're just getting started with via and I haven't done this yet, but I thought that it automatically kept its clients updated, and assumed that the way it did that was that if a newer installer was updated to the controller it would know to update a client when it connected.  Am I wrong about how that works?  How is that done if I can't download an installer to give it?

• 22.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Mar 08, 2019 06:05 PM

I don't know anything and Kbox - and not a whole lot about jamf - but users can directly download the VIA app and then it will be auto-updated. Many systems do need the installer - some of them can "build" it from a system that runs some software while the install is happening then it does the diff and can install it - but I haven't done that at all. 

• 23.  RE: OS X Mojave and ios 12.x

Posted Mar 20, 2019 01:30 PM

The proper way to install the app would be via VPP and DEP (technically these are the old names and they generally fall under the new "Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager" generally. If your macs are enrolled via DEP (Device Enrollment Program) your MDM solution (in our case we use JAMF) can "push" the app you get via Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. This also allows the app to auto update if you'd like via the app store. Ultimately, this is the right way to start creating and deploying macOS apps especially when they require frequent updates so Aruba is really doing the right thing here even if it is a departure from the traditional method. Some links below for your reading. 

Apple Business Manager:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208817

JAMF VPP App Deployment Guide for macOS:

https://docs.jamf.com/10.10.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Mac_App_Store_Apps.html