Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

Posted Mar 10, 2015 05:22 AM

How do you handle On boarding issues and connecting to WiFi when user dataplans/dataroaming is turned ON?

• 2.  RE: Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:02 AM

Levron360,

Which onboarding issue are you talking about?  When a user's cellular data is on, and the user is connected to wifi, it normally turns off the cellular radio.

• 3.  RE: Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:22 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

Levron360,

Which onboarding issue are you talking about?  When a user's cellular data is on, and the user is connected to wifi, it normally turns off the cellular radio.

I'm talking about ClearPass Onboarding. Yes I understand that the Cellular should turn off automatically when the WiFi radio turned on but unfortunately what is currently happening is the device's cellular data is ON while its WifI radio is going disconnect/connect situation, so the controller tend to get two IP addresses. One from the device's which is then provided by the DHCP and the other one I am not sure where it came, perhaps the controller assigns random IP for that same device? Not really not sure why.

In fact what I had to do to be able to Onboard the device was to remove that ip from the controller and turn off the cellular dataroaming. That's when the WiFi radio bacame stable. Any ideas?

• 4.  RE: Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:24 AM

You can enable "Enforce DHCP" in the AAA profile so that a user does not get an ip address that your infrastructure does not give out:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_profile.htm?Highlight=enforce-dhcp

• 5.  RE: Onboarding Issues and Connecting to WiFi on IOS products?

Posted Mar 10, 2015 08:30 AM
    Do you have Apple CNA enabled ? That will the only