Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

One-click anonymous CP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  One-click anonymous CP

Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:46 AM

Just to start off, yes I have seen this:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

What I want to achive is a custom HTML code for a Captive Portal page with simply a button to accept ToS.

If you use the default CP page and simply edit the CP auth profile and remove the tick for User Login, Guest Login and only tick for "Show the acceptable use policy page" I achive the behaviour Im after.

It will show an Accept button and thats all. Users shows with the defined role but without an username on the controller.

Based on the top link your passing on a username in the format of user@domain.tdl which then will show on the controller.

This doesnt matter THAT much, but since I know its possible to make it anonynous aka with username field blank I would like to know how using custom HTML code for the captive portal page.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 04:13 AM

you are leveraging the use any email as acceptable login system. so you could use any email you want, but you have to provide something.

if you use the username / password type, lower in the article. you could do something we a specific username / password. but not blank either.

• 3.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 06:32 AM

Yes, but my question is, how can you avoid this? No username/password, no e-mail or anything?

Just like the default builtin config does if you choose in the CP profile to not use guest login, not user login and only tick for "Show the acceptable use policy page".

As mentioned, its not a very big deal, but when I see its possible with the default page in place I would love to know how to do it with a custom page.

-Helge

• 4.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2015 06:56 AM
    You would create a generic username and password in the controller and pre fill the form with those values. Then hide the username and password fields in the html. 

• 5.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 07:00 AM

Still, that will show that predefined username in the controller in the clients view, same as using predefined e-mail field does.

If you do as I described with the default page the username field will be blank in clients view at the controller.

• 6.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2015 07:02 AM
    There will always be a username shown with a webauth.... 

• 7.  RE: One-click anonymous CP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 07:11 AM

No, if you use default webpage and disable guest login and user login and only choose the "Show the acceptable use policy page" your presented with an Accept button on the CP page, when clicking accept your role will change but username will be blank in clients view on the controller.

At least it does so on our controllers :)