Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

Posted Jan 27, 2012 01:18 AM

I've been testing Portal access from outside the enterprise via a RAP5.  With my work laptop it was not working at all and I was thinking that it was a configuration issue.  When I used my personal mini-laptop it worked fine.  I can get the Captive Portal login page on the mini-laptop and authenticat and get access, but on my work laptop I cannot get the Captive Portal page. 

• 2.  RE: One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

Posted Jan 27, 2012 02:23 AM

Not sure if your using a Mac with OS X Lion but we just found out that there is a problem with CP and OS X Lion.

WE had to change our CP from HTTPS to HTTP.  Contact for the official work around until Apple fixes the issue.

• 3.  RE: One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

Posted Jan 27, 2012 02:30 AM

Both machines are Windows 7 Ultimate edition.  I just changed the SSID and now both are not working at all.  Seems as if it's not getting an IP address, but it was getting one fine before.

• 4.  RE: One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

Posted Jan 27, 2012 06:44 AM

One thought - might not be related.. Have you enabled Enforce DHCP in the AAA prof? I've seen similar when it was not enabled and the client insisted to use it's own IP.

.. John

• 5.  RE: One laptop gets Captive Portal page, but another one doesn't

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2012 06:49 AM

@salvi wrote:

Both machines are Windows 7 Ultimate edition.  I just changed the SSID and now both are not working at all.  Seems as if it's not getting an IP address, but it was getting one fine before.

You are now entering into a second problem due to changes you have made.  Please re-create the SSID from scratch.  

In addition, you have another thread opened here about DHCP:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/DHCP-from-external-DHCP-server-setup-questions/m-p/24316#M1569

If that issue is solved, please mark it solved so that the issue does not stay open, and we do not have multiple threads troubleshooting the same or different parts of the same issue.