Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Optimizing for Lync

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Optimizing for Lync

Posted Sep 12, 2013 09:33 AM

I have a 650 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.3.9 and I am trying to optimize my environment for a soon comming Microsoft Lync deployment that will be used as our new phone and video conferencing service. I found Aruba's solution guide but I am having some issues finding somethings it is telling me to enable.  The two I am stuck on at the moment are:

- Enable Dynamic Multicast Optimization on the SSID

- Enable Band Steering for clients that associate to the SSID

I am sure I will have many more questions as I work through this guide but these seem to be what I am stuck on at this time. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a link to the document I am working from: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf

Thanks,

Andy

• 2.  RE: Optimizing for Lync
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2013 09:38 AM

If you click on the Virtual AP name in either AP Configuration or All Profiles, you should see those two options under the "Broadcast/Multicast" and "RF" sections.

broadcast-mc-vap.PNG

rf-vap.PNG

• 3.  RE: Optimizing for Lync

Posted Sep 12, 2013 09:53 AM

Wow. Dont know how i missed that. Thanks for the help!

• 4.  RE: Optimizing for Lync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2013 10:53 AM

The guide mentions setting broadcast/multicast optomisations in the VAP and also mcast-rate-optomisation in the ssid profile, so you shouldn't tick the 'drop bc/mc'.

Band steering good to do though.