Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS 6.5.1.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS 6.5.1.4

Posted Aug 21, 2017 09:58 AM

Our environment hosts multiple local WLCs to paired master WLCs; all operating v6.5.1.4.  We are housing a new logistics facility, and plan to place 2-3 outdoor WAPs for wireless access in the semi cabs (while at dock).  

I originally spec'd AP 325s for indoor use, and AP 365s for the outdoor models.  I read that AP 325s require v6.5.2, however.  As the timeline is short, and v6.5.2 will require updating our enterprise, what is an equivalent/similar outdoor WAP that will operate on 6.5.1.4?  

• 2.  RE: Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS 6.5.1.4
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 10:01 AM

Have you taken a look at the AP270 series? The main difference is that these aren't 11ac Wave 2.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP270Series.pdf

What about if you purchase the 360 series and configured as Instant, then when the upgrade is completed within your infrastructure convert them to be a controller managed AP?

• 3.  RE: Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS 6.5.1.4

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:42 AM

I appreciate the information; I've deployed the AP 275s and AP 277s at several of our facilities.  Given the timetable and desire to avoid one-off configurations, I will opt for the AP 2xx series of outdoor WAPs that operate on v6.5.1.4.  Thank you-