Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

Posted Feb 03, 2012 08:29 PM

Learn how to build mesh links and outdoor coverage models using the Aruba Outdoor Planning tool. Outdoor Planning tool is available for free with simple one-time signup at http://outdoorplanner.arubanetworks.com

(view in My Videos)

• 2.  RE: Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

Posted Feb 13, 2012 04:05 PM

Have there been any changes to the Planning Tool recently?  The signal strength on some of my recent configurations for a property are showing significantly stronger.  Where I was getting an estimation of only 5mb downstream now i'm getting as much as 15mb and my coverage area has also grown. 

• 3.  RE: Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2012 10:02 AM

There are a number of assumptions that go into the modeling results within the outdoor planner. I would need to see your KMZ output that you are comparing with your real-world performance to know for sure. More than likely though, you used a higher design margin and your environment isn't as bad as the margin chose, or your client devices that are using to measure your actual have better Rx gains (atennas, better radio sensitivity, etc) and/or have higher output radios than the standard assumptions in the default client devices.

In general though, the outdoor planner standards (unless modified during the generation) take a very coverage-conservative take on the modeling. It requires very specific information from the user to fine tune things like design margin and client device type. Hope that makes sense.

• 4.  RE: Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

Posted May 08, 2019 05:59 PM

Any news with this tool?

We want use the AP-387  (60 GHz radio)

Help please.

• 5.  RE: Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2019 05:38 AM

Drop email to dl-outdoor@arubanetworks.com with country in which device is operating

• 6.  RE: Outdoor Mesh and Coverage Planning Tool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2019 05:15 PM

the 387 is not in the 3DOP and likely won't be added. It's range is 400m and under.