Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi folks!

I just pumped into an issue with Outdoor Planner. It seems I'm not able to select the AP Band Assignment. All I can see is "-Select Band-" and "Disabled". I'm trying to use AP-275/375 as the AP model so need to select external antenna, tilt etc or other additional parameters.

This has been working before. I'm using FF 63.0.3. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:44 AM

We need to enable country wise planner radio support for APs, may i know the AP country code?

You can send email to dl-outdoor@arubanetworks.com with above details.

• 3.  RE: Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

Posted Nov 23, 2018 02:00 AM

Thanks, Pavan! I've sent the email.

ALL: I was missing one crucial word above: "...AP-275/375 as the AP model so no need...", just for clarification.

• 4.  RE: Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

Posted Nov 30, 2018 03:30 AM

Update: I got my issue resolved. Reason was a missing country code definitions. These were added by friendly guys of Aruba and now the simulation can be done.

• 5.  RE: Outdoor planner - issue when selecting AP model

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2019 06:50 PM

Just a note that, as the guy who helps maintain that tool, that on the last update when we trued up and added the 11ac Wave2, fixed antennas, etc, that it reults in the country codes having to be created on all new APs. And the tool is writen that we need to manually do each antenna with each country code. That's a pretty big list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_3166_country_codes). 

So, what I did was did the 20 countries with the MOST outdoor accounts, and then have been doing them as needed when the smaller/less common countries as needed. 

So if you hit this issue, try another country first, then if not, open a TAC case and they can send me a note with the country that needs to be added.