Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

PEFV on VMC

Hi Team,

Do we support PEFV functionality on virtual mobility controllers? If so then how to we size the virtual controller to reflect corresponding PEFV license such as LIC-7005-PEFV, LIC-7008-PEFV etc. as VMC only comes in 4 variants MC-VA-10/50/250/1K??

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Manish

MVP Guru

Re: PEFV on VMC

It is supported and you would base it on the total number AP's using a  PEF-LIC within the environment. 

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Many thanks for the prompt response. So when you say I should base it on no. of AP's using PEF-LIC do you mean the PEF firewall license or was it a typo and you meant PEFV VPN license?

Basically my scenario is to use this virtual controller only as a VPN concentrator with multiple BOC's and VPN users across geo location.

Many thanks!!

MVP Guru

Ah sorry, I mis-read it! In that case the PEFV is a single license which is applied to the MD. So this is a single license per controller. 

For example :

Aruba LIC-7005-PEFV Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall for Aruba 7005 Controller License E-LTU

The license capacity scales to the controller user capacity

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
MVP Guru

Licensing for VIA VPN has moved to a per concurrent connection license:

JZ148AA Aruba LIC-VIA Per VIA Client Controller VPN License E-LTU

This replaces the PEFV license, which is still orderable.

Please work with your Aruba Partner or Aruba account team to get the right licenses quoted for your deployment.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: