Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary Please update the boot partition and reload.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary Please update the boot partition and reload.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2015 07:01 AM

I'm seeing this message when logging onto a controller.

WARNING : PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary
                                                                                                                Please update the boot partition and reload.
                                                                                                                                                            ******************************************************

Never seen this before.  What does it mean and what to do?

The controller is a standby-master and running 6.3.1.10

• 2.  RE: PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary Please update the boot partition and reload.

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:45 AM

Hi Michael,

Came across a similar issue in the past.

Initial cause of issue was a cache error, which is known to happen with older M3s that have MTI issues.

However the controller was not responsive and the APs were showing IL Flag.

Please look out for a crash on the controller and open a TAC ticket.

Regards,

Shyam

• 3.  RE: PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary Please update the boot partition and reload.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:54 AM

There are no crash files on the controller.  I may reboot it at some stage to see if that fixes.

• 4.  RE: PRIMARY Inventory Recovered from Secondary Please update the boot partition and reload.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2015 02:45 AM

A reboot has cleared this message.  I did notice as well that it didn't seem to be syncing with the master either and there were loads of missing profiles.  That has also fix itself after the reboot as well.

:-)