Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Jun 12, 2013 01:47 AM

Hello -- 

I brought home a corporate RAP3 and as soon as I plugged it into my home router my Sony ps3 dropped off the network and wont connect again unil the RAP3 is unplugged.  All other devices on the home network fine.   Dont know where I should look for the solution, Sony , Aruba , Cisco ?  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• 2.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Jun 12, 2013 05:18 AM

Start simple...

Check if your PS3 got static IP...if so...your RAP unit might asked for an address during the DHCP process - and got the same IP.

• 3.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:55 PM
    Tried that. Still doesn't work. Tried static, dynamic. For what ever reason the ps3 gets knocked off the net as soon as its plugged in.

Thanks for the reply.

• 4.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 03:15 AM

If your PS3 is connected wireless to your home network, please check the RFProtect settings for your Remote-AP.

We have seen issues where rogue-protection was enabled on remote-AP's, when the RAP is plugged in to the home network, it will define your home SSID as a rogue AP, and start kicking clients of your home network as they are connected to a 'rogue' AP.

Be vary careful with the Wireless IDS protection settings on remote-AP's as these are in general placed in environments where you have a rogue-ap. Your home network connects the wired to the air, which is the definition of a rogue AP.

You may also check your controller and override the classification for your home router as known interfering.

• 5.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Sep 16, 2013 10:16 AM

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We are noticing a similar issue on our network.  We have several PS3's that are not working on our network.  They work fine on their home network.  We are able to recreate the issue.  We opened our firewall up to a few to ensure our firewall is not blocking them.

It is odd because the port on the PS3 actually shuts off and is not something we can get to happen outside of our network.

Very strange issue and this post made us think it is related to Aruba.

• 6.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Sep 17, 2013 03:19 PM

We disabled ARM Over the Air Updates and this issue stopped happening.  We are able to replicate the issue on a test ps3 we got to troubleshoot the issue.

no ota-updates

It only seemed to happened to older model PS3's.  We tried both older firmware and the latest on the ps3.

• 7.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Sep 18, 2013 03:49 AM

Hi,

We had the same issue, I believe it's fixed in 6.2.1.2 code.  A workaround is to disable "scanning" in the arm profile.

Regards

Lee

• 8.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Apr 07, 2014 03:41 PM

I am running 6.3.1.4 code and we are still experiencing the issue with ARM on.  Once ARM is disabled, everything is working properly.  Does anyone know if Aruba has put this in the bug report with the latest code release? 

• 9.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2014 10:11 PM

Exelis-Todd,

Please open a TAC case.  We cannot assume that anyone has reported this specific to your issue.

• 10.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Apr 08, 2014 07:33 AM

Colin,

Thanks for your input.  I have opened a ticket on this (1525981).  I have referenced this post also on the ticket. 

Todd

• 11.  RE: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Posted Apr 09, 2014 02:02 PM

This is what I got from TAC:

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your patience,

This behaviour has been already reported to our developer team (Bug # 90768) and they found that this issue happening because of some packets getting dropped while draining the transmit queues during scanning.

Which seems to be the expected behaviour of the some gaming console and the workaround is to disable the ARM

Please let me know if you have any queries.