Wireless Access

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Performance SERVER AIRWAVE

Hi everybody,

what are the minimum server characteristics for an AIRWAVE that is monitoring up to 100 devices?

right now we have:

CPU
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz 30720 KB cache (2194.711 MHz actual)

RAM
8GB RAM

OS
Kernel Version: Linux 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
Operating System: CentOS release 6.8
Architecture: x86_64

worse the RAM is at maximum.

Is the application tied to a server root password or could I turn it off without problem to change the characteristics?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Performance SERVER AIRWAVE

It wont function properly with 1 core CPU. Minimum requirement is 4 core. So, lets set it to 4.

Yes, you can reduce the RAM. 48GB will be for 750 devices. We can set something like 15GB to start with and monitor, based on the performance we can increase it latter if needed.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

I would recommend referring Airwave sizing guide for the version you are using. To give you an idea, following sizing guide is for Airwave version 8.2.11.0:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjIzZ6Pi87qAhWCyjgGHZFtA_0QFjABegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.arubanetworks.com%2FDocumentation%2Ftabid%2F77%2FDMXModule%2F512%2FCommand%2FCore_Download%2FDefault.aspx%3F...

JayBee
ACDX | ACCX| CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACSA | ACMA | CWNA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.
Highlighted

Are we seeing Swap getting utilized? As per the screen shot we have memory reserved in cache and buffer. Airwave tend to reserve it for easy use for the services. How many CPU have we allocated?
As Jibran mentioned we could refer the sizing guide for better understanding. Also for VM if the host is shared with additional instances, then priority for disk usage needs to go to AirWave as it's very disk intensive. 

Regards,
Vishnu
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

How many CPU have we allocated?

1 cpu

hard Drive 75GB

Are we seeing Swap getting utilized?

Configured Swap Space: 4.00 GB

93,2%

I already checked in the size guide and it says that it requires a minimum of 48 GB of RAM and 500 GB of hard disk, it seems a bit exaggerated considering that it is only 100 devices and in the guide they put it for 750.
Could RAM be reduced to 24 GB or less?

Highlighted

It wont function properly with 1 core CPU. Minimum requirement is 4 core. So, lets set it to 4.

Yes, you can reduce the RAM. 48GB will be for 750 devices. We can set something like 15GB to start with and monitor, based on the performance we can increase it latter if needed.

Regards,
Vishnu

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: