Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pinging the controller on wired device

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Pinging the controller on wired device

Posted Sep 24, 2020 12:43 PM

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue where if I ping my 7205 controller from a wired device I'm getting a large number of drops. If I ping from a wireless device it looks fine. If I ping any other devices from the wired device those pings look fairly good as well. The AOS is 8.5.0.4 and I have two controllers in a VRRP setup. I tried disabling STP to see if that was causing issues but the same thing.

Thank You,

Marc

• 2.  RE: Pinging the controller on wired device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 03:37 PM

Try a different wired device.

• 3.  RE: Pinging the controller on wired device

Posted Sep 24, 2020 07:30 PM

I tried a few different servers (physical, virtual) and from different vlans. Some other steps I tried: switching interfaces on the controller and a different cable. I also isolated the switches coming in on the core switch to check for a possible loop. The interface is a trunk port with 3 vlans on it. Some users are dropping connections I assume these issues are related?

Thanks

Marc

• 4.  RE: Pinging the controller on wired device
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 08:29 PM

Plug into a wired interface on the controller and ping from there.

• 5.  RE: Pinging the controller on wired device

Posted Oct 06, 2020 02:10 PM

cjoseph,

Thanks for your help turned out we had a user plugged in their voip phone using 2 ports causing a loop!