Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pixel Phone Not Connecting

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Pixel Phone Not Connecting

Posted Oct 10, 2018 09:15 AM

Good Morning All,

I have an unusal issue, I have some user that use the Google Pixel phones and are having connection issues.  All other phone( Apple, Samsung, LG) can connect to the guest WLAN.  The users state that at every other locaion they have no connection issues.  Yet when they try to connect to the corporate Guest the cannot see the SSID.  I have asked the to manually put in the SSID and they are getting no SSID can be found with that name.  Complexing I am sure.  I have searched the web to see if any other issues like min to no avail.  Hopefully you can assist.  I have the 7205 controller and the AP are the 215 FIPS.  

When I check the controller for the mac address of the device it shows nothing.  It is like the device is not contacting the AP.  I have had the users restart several times.  I have checked the following commands on the AP and controller.

sh user- table

sh ap bssid

sh ap det ap-n

• 2.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:07 AM

Is this for the original first generation Pixel? What channel(s) is the AP currently operating on?

• 3.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Thanks for answering.  the AP channels are 6 (for 2.4GHZ standard, n(20MHz)  and 149 for 5 GHz standard ac(80MHz)).  From my understanding the users are stating they have these devices less than 6-months. 

• 4.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Is your guest SSID hidden?

• 5.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:20 AM

Yes it is.

• 6.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 05:36 PM

• 7.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

Posted Oct 10, 2018 09:19 PM

Are they adding it with the "Hidden Network" option under "Advanced Options"? This setting was added at some point and had to mark it for a temporary hidden network we setup a few weeks ago.Screenshot_20181010-201213.png

• 8.  RE: Pixel Phone Not Connecting

Posted Oct 18, 2018 08:00 AM

Good Morning 

I had a few other problems that caused my late response.  Once I unhide the SSID it seems to work at one location.  Still having same issue with another.  I could not turn on debug because the device was not connecting in any way to the AP.  I could not see there mac address touching the AP so it is hard to troubleshoot.  I even asked what version the device had.  Still waiting on that answer.