Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pls help me..

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Pls help me..

Posted Nov 30, 2012 08:19 AM

please, this is very urgent, i have an aruba 650 controller which i configured with this ip addre 10.156.2.9,
    but the next day i wanted to login into the interface the ip addre i configured is not accepted.
    so i went to a command prompt to type ipconfig and to my surprise am seeing this ip address 169.254.193.8. i tried typing this ip in explorer but cant log into my aruba 650.
    pls what can i do

• 2.  RE: Pls help me..
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2012 08:21 AM

Can you reach the controller physically to plug in a console cable?

• 3.  RE: Pls help me..

Posted Nov 30, 2012 08:35 AM

Yes i can

what should i do next pls

• 4.  RE: Pls help me..

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2012 08:45 AM

You should login to the controller and see what ip address it has.

Please do not post the same thing to multiple forums, because it will cause confusion.

• 5.  RE: Pls help me..

Posted Nov 30, 2012 08:55 AM

ok Thks

The current ip address is now 169.254.193.8, but i tried to login with the ip using internet explorer but is not accepting it.

but when i ping the ip its replying.. what should i do pls

• 6.  RE: Pls help me..

Posted Nov 30, 2012 10:11 AM

Hi The 169 address is on you laptop or desktop. This means it's not getting and ip-address from the dhcp server.

That address is pingable.

You need make sure that you laptop/is getting an ip address. You can try to give it a fixed address in the correct range.

• 7.  RE: Pls help me..

Posted Dec 02, 2012 10:34 AM

From the console, run the command "show ip interface brief" and post the results.