Wireless Access

Contributor I

PoE on 7010 controller %3F How many APs can I power up %3F

I have 15 AP 225s. I need to power over ethernet to power them up. I have an Aruba 7010 controller. Do I need any licenses to enable the PoE ports on the 7010 ? Does a 7030 controller have PoE ports ? Is 1 7010 controller sufficient to power up the 15 APs ? 

Also another basic doubt: 1 PoE port can power up only 1 AP - is my understanding correct ? 

Guru Elite

Re: PoE on 7010 controller %3F How many APs can I power up %3F

The 7010 has 12 PoE ports. Each port can provide power to one AP.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Thank you very much !! 

So, the 7030 does not have PoE ports correct ? Is there a controller that can power up all my 15 APs ? 

Note the 7010 has a POE budget of only 150W, so almost more important than the number of POE ports is the overall POW power budget available. 

Regarding a controller to power more than 12APs, you should contact your local Aruba SE for details.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Contributor I

Thank you !! 

Another quick question ( Since I have not worked with a 7010 before)

How do you enable PoE on a 7010 ? if I have the necessary licenses installed ? ( and if I do not have the necessary licenses installed)

Guru Elite

Re: PoE on 7010 controller ? How many APs can I power up ?

There is no PoE license.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: