Wireless Access

New Contributor

PoE-powered media converter?

My team is considering deploying AP-175s in a large outdoor area. Based on our requirements, we're running fiber and power to each AP from the Telecom location. We're likely going with the AP-175 AC PSE option. In this instantiation, we would utilize the AP-175's secondary 802.3af powered Ethernet to power a fiber-copper media converter and in-turn supply copper data to the AP-175.

Can anyone recommend an elegant solution for the media converter option... perhaps a media converter that accepts RJ45 PoE power or an RJ45 to DC power converter?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: PoE-powered media converter?

If you have fiber coming in and PoE power going out to the AP, how would this work?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

The AC-powered AP-175 PSE (to my understanding) provides a secodnary PoE port which we would utilize solely for DC power. Correct?

Guru Elite

Gotcha. Misinterpreted the question.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: