Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Polling Queue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Polling Queue

Posted Jul 18, 2013 02:46 PM

Is it possible to see the polling queue?  I have manually polled a controller and on each one I poll it tells be there are 17 items waiting. 

When we upgraded our controllers from 6.2.0.3 to 6.2.1.2 it erased all SNMPv3 users and airwave lost any vision to the Controllers.  I have replaced the SNMPv3 users and still am having a hard time getting airwave to see the controllers. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Daniel

• 2.  RE: Polling Queue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 01:18 PM

Seeing the polling queue isn't going to be helpful.  It's based on topic and just runs down the list that you see in the AMP Group -> Basic -> SNMP Polling periods.  'Poll now' does not include routers / switches polling as those devices often lock up, refuse polling, or drop/ignore the poll if polled too aggressively.

You're better off looking for errors in:

/var/log/httpd/error_log

/var/log/async_logger_client

If you're not seeing errors there, then there's some additional logging you can enable depending on where the issue could be.  If you get to the point where additional logging is necessary, that'd be a good point to open a case with support.