Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:54 PM

Is there documentation on how to set this up? I haven't been able to locate the setup for this in the user guide. We have two 3400 Controllers running 32 AP licenses each. What would we like to accomplish is combine the licenses into one pool so that in the event that a controller fails, all of our APs will be able to register.

I am new to these devices but it is my understanding this is possible with a memory and ArubaOS upgrade. Recently upgraded each Controller to 1 GB of RAM in preperation.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

Posted Aug 19, 2013 04:04 PM

Nevermind, I see that is feature isn't on a GA release yet, just ED.

• 3.  RE: Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

Posted Aug 19, 2013 04:15 PM

We have deployed it into a Master / Local / Local setup and it was as simple as one checkbox. Worked without problem.

Configuration > Network > Controller > Centralized Licenses > "Enable Centralized Licensing"

The master told the locals, and they all registered their licenses with master. 

• 4.  RE: Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

Posted Oct 04, 2013 02:14 PM

What happens if the master license server goes offline?  is there a "How to" somewhere to configure this feature?

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2013 06:34 PM

You have 30 days to reconnect the disconnected "slave" controller to the master.  The 6.3 user guide has the details.

• 6.  RE: Pooled licensing model between two Aruba controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2013 06:37 PM
    The license clients will remain licensed for 30 days. The 6.3 manual has a
    pretty good config guide.