Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Possibility for splitting licenses on Aruba controller for re-use on same/different controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Possibility for splitting licenses on Aruba controller for re-use on same/different controller

Posted May 13, 2017 04:16 AM

Hi Experts, 

I have an aruba controller 7240XM licenses with over 500 licenses. However my existing count of APs that are up on the controller is over 250. I would now want to split the licenes that were already installed on this controller, so that I can later use it on the new Aruba controller and if required a small section of the licenses back on this same controller. 

Can this be facilitated in Aruba. 

• 2.  RE: Possibility for splitting licenses on Aruba controller for re-use on same/different controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 13, 2017 04:53 AM

Aruba licenses are specific to each controller, generally the only reason for moving licenses would be due to an RMA or if TAC would allow you to. You could use some of the spare licenses on the new controller if you was to enable centralized licensing.