Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

Posted May 02, 2017 05:16 AM

Hello all,

I have 2 7210 controllers in an Active/Standby setup (both initially set up as standalone, no MM, using vrrp). They are on AOS 8.1.0.0. I have no PEF licenses.

I'm setting up captive portal following the 8.1.0.0 user guide, page 287 "

Configuring Captive Portal in the Base Operating System".

After creating the captive-portal authentication profile, I should configure the aaa profile initial role as the above cp profile. However I get the error :

(7210-1) ^[mynode] (AAA Profile "aaa-wl-guest") #initial-role cp-wl-guest
    Error: Role 'cp-wl-guest' is Unknown

The role is present in the config files of both master and standby controller. Using the web interface the initial role can also not be change to this (it is not in the dropdown).

I have tried to set it on the Mobility Controller node, and under the controller node itself.

Where am I missing something please?

Thanks in advance,

Kris

• 2.  RE: Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

Posted May 02, 2017 08:13 AM

Allright I found the problem: I had a reboot warning for the command VRRP 100 - no shutdown on the controllers. After rebooting both of them I was able to continue...

Kris

• 3.  RE: Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

Posted May 15, 2017 10:04 AM

All,

I'm at al loss again, I was trying to configure the captive portal login page (add custom banner and colors), I ended up deleting the captive portal ssid to recreate it, but I'm having the same problem as described above again... No reboots pending now but I'm not able to select or configure the initial profile with the same error message.

Any ideas please?

Kris

• 4.  RE: Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 15, 2017 10:30 AM

Hey,  have you run the below command from the CLI to see if there is any errors in your configuration? This is a good place to start to see if there is anything amiss like you previously mentioned?

#show profile-errors 

• 5.  RE: Problem selecting initial-role under aaa cp profile

Posted May 15, 2017 11:05 AM

Hello Zalion0,

Thanks for your reply. No profile errors when I run the command, on both master nor backup.

Kris