Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 10:55 AM

We have 2 AP 70's that handle some wireless bridges for us as well as basic AP functions. In the last few days they have started to reboot randomly. When I look in the log here is what it says.

nanny[219]: <303022> <WARN> | AP Woods_Office@10.1.80.32 nanny| Reboot reason: No reason for reboot.

I have tried replacing the POE and the wiring with no luck. I'm left guessing that it is a hardware issue. It just seems strange that both radio's would start acting up at the same time. Has anyone ran into this before?

• 2.  RE: Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 12:36 PM

Our AP 124's are now doing the same thing. We have only deployed 2 124's so far. Our older AP65's seem to be immune from whatever is going on. I know our 3200 controller is capable of handling so much more than we are doing. We have a total of 30 AP's and it should be able to handle far more than we have.

• 3.  RE: Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 12:41 PM
    Could you post the output of "show ap debug system status" upto Heartbeat Stats

• 4.  RE: Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 01:16 PM
      |   view attached

Attachment(s)

txt
    putty.txt   38 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 01:35 PM
    I see that the AP has been up for 21 minutes and do not see anything that stands out. How frequently do the APs reboot? and which ArubaOS version are you using?

• 6.  RE: Problem with AP 70's rebboting with no reason

Posted Aug 09, 2012 02:20 PM

There doesnt seem to be a pattern to the reboots. The controller is running 5.0.0.0.