Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with AP Privisioning

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problem with AP Privisioning

Posted Nov 16, 2015 05:16 AM

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with my problem:

I have an Aruba 650 Controller (respectively a OAW-4306G) running AOS 6.3.1.8

There are three AP's (AP93/H) which I'am not able to provision. This AP's have already been provisioned on the controller but I have to change the configuration.

I have purged the AP's with over the console but if I look to Configuration-->AP Installation this Access Points appear with the flag 2ID and I'am not able to provision this AP's once again.

Thanks for the information!

BR

Andreas

• 2.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 05:20 AM
    Is this a single or multiple controller configuration?

Type "show profile-errors" to see if you see anything.

• 3.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

Posted Nov 16, 2015 07:37 AM

Hi

Have a look at the AP group you are trying to move it to. It might contain a wrong LMS IP.

If the LMS IP points to another controller in a multi-controller setup or towards a VRRP IP that is down, AP might not be able to connect.

Roar Fossen

• 4.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

Posted Nov 16, 2015 03:53 PM

Hello,

thanks for you help!

This is only a small deployment with 4 campus and 2 RAP's.

No multi-controller setup.

The command show profile-errors does not shows any information.

The AP's have been configurated in the profile (this was not done by me...). After I enabled the control-plane security, the AP's are not working.

All AP's are in the whitelist.

BR

Andreas

• 5.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 03:59 PM
    Why did you enable control plane security?

• 6.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

Posted Nov 17, 2015 04:56 AM

sorry, but I am not very well versed with this system......

so I should turn it off?

What is the difference between on or off and what could be the impact to the operation if it be turned off?

thanks!

• 7.  RE: Problem with AP Privisioning

Posted Nov 17, 2015 05:09 AM

Hi

In normal operation, a GRE tunnel is setup between the AP and the controller. This means that all system traffic between AP and controller is NOT encrypted. The user traffic is normally encrypted with the SSID encryption (WPA2-AES).

If you need to tighten the security for any reason, you turn on control plane security or when you need to use a SSID in bridged mode.

For AP'es that reside on a LAN, with SSID in tunnel mode, you don't need it if you don't have special needs.

What CPS does, is that it pushes a certificate to the AP, and instructs it to build an IPSec, opposed to a GRE, making it more secure.

Roar Fossen