Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with DHCP local scopes

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Problem with DHCP local scopes

Posted Dec 03, 2018 02:59 PM

Hello all, I am new to using aruba AP and I have a problem while configuring local DHCP scopes.

The currrent configuration I have is 5 305 AP (1 master and 4 slaves) and I want to have 4 different SSIDs, 1 of these is spreading on all APs, the other 3 however are just spreading on different APs, let's say SSID 2 on AP 2, SSID 3 on AP 3 and SSID 4 on AP 4, so far so good.

Then I assign different pools to the SSIDs, the network spreading on all AP is 192.168.1.0/24 and it's configured as a guest network, network on SSID 2 is 192.168.2.0/25 with a local DHCP scope assigned to VLAN 2, network on SSID 3 is 192.168.2.128/25 with a local DHCP scope assigned to VLAN 1, up until this point is running as intended and I have no problems with it.

Now, the problem comes when I try to assign network 192.168.3.0/25 with VLAN 3 as a local DHCP scope to SSID 4, for some reason when I do this and connect to the AP it gives me a 192.168.2.X IP address and I cannot figure out why.

It's worth mentioning that this only happens when I spread this network on slave AP, if I put the network to spread on the master it works perfectly.

Please help, and thanks for the answers!

P.S.: If you don't understand something or my question is not clear, please let me know and I'll try to rephrase it since english is not my first language

• 2.  RE: Problem with DHCP local scopes

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 04:20 AM

Any chance you can share a diagram, will be easier to understand. What is providing DHCP for the VLANs in question, the IAP or an external DHCP server.

• 3.  RE: Problem with DHCP local scopes

Posted Dec 04, 2018 12:46 PM

The DHCP is provided by the IAP as "local DHCP scopes"

Here's a diagram, hope it works, and thanks for replying!Sin título.jpg