Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Problem with DHCP local scopes

Hello all, I am new to using aruba AP and I have a problem while configuring local DHCP scopes.

The currrent configuration I have is 5 305 AP (1 master and 4 slaves) and I want to have 4 different SSIDs, 1 of these is spreading on all APs, the other 3 however are just spreading on different APs, let's say SSID 2 on AP 2, SSID 3 on AP 3 and SSID 4 on AP 4, so far so good.

Then I assign different pools to the SSIDs, the network spreading on all AP is 192.168.1.0/24 and it's configured as a guest network, network on SSID 2 is 192.168.2.0/25 with a local DHCP scope assigned to VLAN 2, network on SSID 3 is 192.168.2.128/25 with a local DHCP scope assigned to VLAN 1, up until this point is running as intended and I have no problems with it.

Now, the problem comes when I try to assign network 192.168.3.0/25 with VLAN 3 as a local DHCP scope to SSID 4, for some reason when I do this and connect to the AP it gives me a 192.168.2.X IP address and I cannot figure out why.

It's worth mentioning that this only happens when I spread this network on slave AP, if I put the network to spread on the master it works perfectly.

Please help, and thanks for the answers!

P.S.: If you don't understand something or my question is not clear, please let me know and I'll try to rephrase it since english is not my first language

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Problem with DHCP local scopes

Any chance you can share a diagram, will be easier to understand. What is providing DHCP for the VLANs in question, the IAP or an external DHCP server.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Problem with DHCP local scopes

The DHCP is provided by the IAP as "local DHCP scopes"

Here's a diagram, hope it works, and thanks for replying!Sin título.jpg

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: