Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problematic AP-104

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 09:57 AM

I have an AP-104 out at a remote site that will not connect back to the Controller. I've moved it to various other remote sites and it connects just fine. All of these sites have the exact same MPLS WAN. I've lowered the MTU, confirmed DNS entry for discovery, options 43/60 in DHCP, full connectivity to the Controller from the SVI on the switch the AP is connect to, yet still no luck.

Is there any way to gather data from the AP without a console connection? I'm running out of ideas.

• 2.  RE: Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:13 AM
    Do you see anything on the controller side ?
    You can run the "show log system | include <AP MAC>"

• 3.  RE: Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:31 AM

Thanks for the insight. I was able to find this so will continue troubleshooting. Looks like an IPSec issue.

AP AP-Name@10.X.X.X sapd|  An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_redun.c function redun_tunnel_down line 5668 error Unknown tunnel 1 going down

• 4.  RE: Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:53 AM

Is there a way to increase this timeout?

Reboot Reason: AP rebooted Sat Jan 1 05:52:14 PST 2000; Unable to set up IPSec tunnel, Error:HELLO-TIMEOUT. Bringing tunnel down

• 5.  RE: Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:58 AM
      |   view attached

Yes you can .

Please read the document  attached and its going to guide you on how configure your controller to support AP over slow links

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Problematic AP-104

Posted Jan 09, 2015 11:42 AM

Thanks, I don't really believe that is the root cause of the issue. The link speed and latency quite good to this site. I have other Arubas working fine over less.

• 7.  RE: Problematic AP-104

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2015 08:46 AM

aarond

do you have access to the console of the AP ? if so, use ctrl+esc+k and go into /tmp, and look at the output in rapper.txt, rapper_brief.txt, rapper_counter.txt (these last two are only on recent code), and also sapd_debug_log.

Is this cpsec cap or rap ?  either way, the ipsec logs are in rapper.txt , it has debug per packet, you can check for the lines that start like this:

#SEND nnn bytes to <lms ip>

#RECV nnn bytes from <lms ip>

which might give you some clue about the point at which it's getting stuck and/or the sizes of packets which are making it through.

you can also enable corresponding 'logging level debugging security' on the controller to see what point it gets up to there too.

regards

-jeff