Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with Web Gui

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Problems with Web Gui

Posted Jun 11, 2012 09:51 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm very much a newbie in terms of Aruba kit and the Airwave management platform so please be gentle :-)

I have an obscure issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of.

Our Airwave Management Platform is built on VMWare and there was a requirement to move this from one host to another including moving the datastore from one to another.

We have performed this in the past on multiple different platforms with no hiccups however, I shut down our Airwave server prior to this migration to be on the safe side and when it was powered back up I can no longer access the Web Interface.

The Web Interface loads the login page but when I first attempt a login the screen quickly refreshes and loads the login screen again. On any subsequent attempt it will sit forever attempting to authenticate.

If I then attempt to login using a purposely false login it will reject this straight away which makes me think that the user database must be intact.

The web interfaces on my IAP's are all saying that they are still connected to the Airwave server so the settings etc.. must all be there.

I can access the CLI and as far as I can see all the services are running correctly and I have even tried rebooting the server to see if this will help to no avail.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated and hopefully in the years to come once I start gettng my head round the system more I will be able to contribute to this fantastic community.

Thanks,

Col

• 2.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

Posted Jun 11, 2012 10:00 AM

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and/or different browsers?

I am not sure if that will help, but its worth a try!

• 3.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

Posted Jun 11, 2012 10:10 AM

WOW that was a quick response :-)

I had tried a number of my colleagues PC's just to see if it was only me and they could not get access either.

Just out of interest though I downloaded portable firefox and this let me log in!!!!!!!

So I suppose the question now is why is it not allowing me to log inwith IE?? Not only me but all of my colleagues too?

I have tried clearing IE cache, browsing history, cookies etc but this makes no difference??

Thanks,

Col

• 4.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

Posted Nov 18, 2016 03:30 PM

Thank olino, I cleaned the cache and also tried to access by another browser but the issue was same

• 5.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 11, 2012 11:03 AM

Have you perhaps tried something along the lines of HttpWatch so see if IE is even attempting to pull content from AirWave?
    Are you using a proxy/ICAP? The latest version of AirWave supports the following browsers...

Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
    -Internet Explorer 7/8/9
    - Firefox 3.x
    - Google Chrome 9.x (stable)
    Mac (OS X, 10.5, 10.6)
    - Safari 4.x and higher,
    - Firefox 3.x
    - Google Chrome 9.x

Sounds like it is a browser issue more than an AirWave one...

• 6.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

Posted Jun 11, 2012 11:49 AM
      |   view attached

I agree that this seems to be a browser related issue now but it just seems strange that IE was working perfectly before the server reboot??

I have attached a screenshot of the httpwatch logs (A very handy utility by the way). This shows my initial login and then the secondary login.

My Airwave server is internal to our network so although we have proxies in place this will not be affected by it.

Thanks,

Col

• 7.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 11, 2012 11:59 AM

Seems like you are getting the HTTP 403 error which is forbidden. I'm not sure to be honest now, have you tried HttpWatch with Firefox and see if you get the same 403 error?

• 8.  RE: Problems with Web Gui

Posted Jun 12, 2012 04:25 AM

Thanks for getting back to me.

I now know what the issue is but I am struggling to find the section or commands to set what I need???

Basically IE, Chrome etc are time sensitive whereas Firefos is not. For some reason the time on my AMP server is one hour behind the clock on my system. For some reason it has not adjusted for British Summer Time and although when I run the "Date" command from the CLI is displays BST the time is still GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

I can see whwre to set the NTP servers and the time locale but how do I change the time zone from BST to GMT or force the system to adhere to Daylight Saving Time changes. I can see the option in the manual but this is for pools of managed devices and not for the actual AMP system itself.

Thanks,

Col

• 9.  RE: Problems with Web Gui
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 07:04 AM

Thanks for all the contributions on this but I have this issue resolved.

I set the time/date in the CLI of AMP to the actual date/time and this has granted me access.

I will need to ensure that the time changes automatically in the Autumn when BST ends and we moce back to GMT but for now access is now back.

Thanks again,

Col