Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

Posted Nov 22, 2016 07:09 PM

Hi!

I'm running an Aruba 620 controller with 6.4.4.9 software and ap-225/205.

Having a lot of problems with windows laptops connecting to any ssid, they appear as interfering clients when they try to connect.

It doesn't happen with all sorts of laptop's only windows.

IOS/Android/OSX works fine.

Why does this happen?

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2016 07:17 PM
    Clients can connect to whatever SSID they want, and they will indeed show up as interfering clients. You cannot control that.

• 3.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

Posted Nov 22, 2016 07:38 PM

Yes i know.. sorry i forgot to mention that i'm talking about users that should be authenticated, they have the correct password.

But some of them are unable to connect correctly.. Don't understand why.

For some win10 clients it works fine, for some it doesnt..

• 4.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

Posted Nov 22, 2016 08:29 PM

The clients log on to the ssid with the correct key, the then get labeled as interfering. Even if i then reclassify them as authorized they still arent able to connect. This is only the case with curtain pc's.

I just reimaged a laptop with win10 and it also has the same issue...

Any good ideas?

• 5.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2016 09:59 PM

Clients labeled as interfering do not have anything to do with connectivity.  Those are clients that are not connected to your own networks.  Clients that connect with your encrypted network successfully are labeled as valid automatically.

Any idea what client types can connect and what types cannot.  If they are Windows 10, do they have different versions?

• 6.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

Posted Nov 22, 2016 11:06 PM

Well.. Thats the thing.. They are connected to my network but unable to get an ip, they show up under clients, and when i go to the security tab, they show up as clients connected to my valid ap's, but the clients are still classified as interfering. I'm just trying to understand why this is happening.

So far I have one machine with win10 pro, win10 enterprise and win8.1 enterprise.. But i also have computers with win10 pro that works just fine.

The enterprise one is a fresh install by the way..

• 7.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 01:31 AM

I would:

- Try to connect a device

- SSH into the controller and type "show auth-tracebuf mac <mac address of client with the problem>"

- Paste in that output in your response.

• 8.  RE: Problems with interfering clients (windows laptops)

Posted Nov 24, 2016 05:27 PM

Hi again..

I deleted all the clients and ap entries rebooted the controller, and everything seems to works fine now.. I will post again if i experience the same problem.

Anyway, thanks for your help!