Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

Posted Nov 17, 2011 12:35 PM

I was wondering if this is possible here?

At least in other brands i install that helps a lot when you got corrupted images... 

i was wondering if its possible to format both partitions and then upload the fimrware to the aruba controller and starting everything from zero...

It is possible? any got a procedure for this?

The other question 

Where do you configure the DNS server the wireless controller its pointing? i would like it to point my internal DNS servers so it can resolve internal addresses... also putting the dns suffix....

i do can ping stuff like internet www.google.com but im unable to find where do you configure this dns... 

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 01:02 PM
    I believe a write erase all is the only thing you can do.

Look into that option. But save your license keys first!!!!! The 650 has a PoE license that will be erased when you do a write erase all. Also, it is not a license that shows up on your Aruba licensing page.

Zach

• 3.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

Posted Nov 17, 2011 01:08 PM
    Hi, If you have access to the ArubaOS 6.0 User Guide., see Chapter 29 -- Management Access of the latest Aruba OS user guide (ArubaOS 6.0). This chapter provides details on backing up the flash drive and uploading a new image. Please repost your question if the document contents do not meet your requirements. Regards Brijesh.

• 4.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:54 PM

To enable the controller to resolve addresses, enter the following CLI commands:

conf t

ip domain-name x.com

ip domain lookup

ip name-server x.x.x.x

exit

wr me

This would only allow the controller to resolve addresses and wont affect the WLAN clients at all.

Is that what you were looking for? 

• 5.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 06:25 PM

This is possible, yes, from the CPBoot. It requires you have a TFPT server to pull the new image from.

It would be good to do this in concert with an SE, as if done incorrectly can lead to a bricked controller. It's not as strong as a 'zeroize' which is what you are looking for, but will result in the entire flash card being erased and re-partitioned.

If you still need the procedure, IM me here.

• 6.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

Posted Apr 06, 2012 11:10 AM

I recieved a Sup II card for a 6000 controller that was "wiped" The tech performed a Write-Erase-All command and now all we get when it runs up is the "cpboot>" prompt. I've run the "setup" command where it ask for the "AP Ip address" and the TFTP server address. I can even ping the tftp server. However I cannot ping the controller. And when I try to ping its own assigned ip address it doesnt work. When I try to run the "TFTPboot " command I can see the request on the server but it errors out. Obviously.

I see the "ethernet" command for ethernet sub-system configuration. What are the commands that enable that management port or for me to assign an ip address to that interface.

• 7.  RE: Process to totally format the Wireless controller and upload the Firmware to it?

Posted Nov 19, 2014 05:38 AM

Hi Jerrod, I see your post and I think I need format the flash of my ARUBA 650 controller.

Please, you can send me the procedure to format and partition the flash to reinstall the firmware.

The image version of my AURBA 650 controller is:

"ArubaOS Version 6.2.1.7 (build 42618 / label #42618)"

Thanks.