Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Provision AP 105 to be RAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Provision AP 105 to be RAP

Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:30 PM

I have a quick question that I can't for the life of me figure out.  How do you get an AP105 to be a RAP?  I've put it on the RAP Whitelist, but I don't know how to tell the AP to be a RAP and not a CAP.  Any guidance?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Provision AP 105 to be RAP
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:59 PM

Hi Tim,

It seems you have to get it to associate to the Controller as a CAP and then provision it to be a RAP.

So as long as you get to "Configuration-->Wireless--->AP Installation" and you see the AP, then provision it to be a RAP.

Hope this was helpful.

• 3.  RE: Provision AP 105 to be RAP

Posted Mar 20, 2012 01:32 PM

Thanks guys.  I got it now.

• 4.  RE: Provision AP 105 to be RAP
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 08:05 PM

In addition to adding the MAC to the whitelist, you need to tell the AP-105 to be a RAP through the provisioning page.   Go through the motions of provisioning the AP-105 like a campus AP; however when provisioning select the radio button for Authentication Method/Remote AP and select Yes.  Ensure that Certificate is selected as the authentication method.  Lastly you'll need to include the external hostname or IP of the controller to which RAPs terminate under the Master Discovery sectoin.    

• 5.  RE: Provision AP 105 to be RAP

Posted Mar 19, 2012 11:00 PM

... and lastly lastly ;).... make sure the LMS-IP in the AP-SYSTEM-PROFILE of your newly created(?) RemoteAP group is also pointing to the public IP address/identity of the controller.

JF