Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Provisioning Profile - Master IP/FQDN - [set/clear] - what's the difference?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Provisioning Profile - Master IP/FQDN - [set/clear] - what's the difference?

Posted Jun 05, 2012 04:25 AM

Hello,

using here ArubaOS 6.1.3.2. Under Configuration -> Wireless ->AP Installation->Provisioning Profiles there are two options to define the Master IP/FQDN, set and clear. I searched for in User Guide but there it isn'nt mentioned.

Can me anybody explain here please whats the different effects?

I just want to set the FQDN of the master switch (different AP Groups with different provisioning profiles)

Thanks in advance,

Kokel

• 2.  RE: Provisioning Profile - Master IP/FQDN - [set/clear] - what's the difference?

Posted Jun 05, 2012 09:31 AM

AFAIK, to put a master IP in a provisioning profile, use set.  If you want to remove a master IP from the profile, use clear.  I think in some older versions, it defaulted to "clear," which was a mess.

However, if all you want to use a provisioning profile for is to set what the master is, you don't need a provisioning profile.  Just set the LMS in the AP System Group.