Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pushing certain configs to Aruba Controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Pushing certain configs to Aruba Controllers

Posted Dec 07, 2012 07:22 AM

We are running Airwave 7.5.7. We use Airwave to manage our Aruba master controllers. I am trying to create ARM and 802.11 a&g profiles in Airwave but I notice they are not being pushed down to the controller. After I create the profiles and do apply and save Airwave says the changes are being made in the background. If I SSh into the Airwave system and look at the config_pusher I notice that nothing changes even if I configure the ARM and 802.11 profiles and assign them to an AP group the changes don't take place because none ARM or 802.11 profiles have been uploaded to the controller.

• 2.  RE: Pushing certain configs to Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2012 09:25 AM

What model of controller and firmware version are running?  Is there anything in /var/log/ap/(id#)/telnet_cmds for that controller?  Typically we expect to see a login, config push, and then accept/reject of the config before a write mem.

To get ID number, navigate to controller's monitor page, the URL will have the ID number.

example:

amp.name/ap_monitoring?id=123

This logs to /var/log/ap/123/telnet_cmds